This new version includes major updates and new features in our built-in email service module. Also, navigation tabs are rearranged to provide a more intuitive workflow experience.
BG email campaign module is updated for maximum flexibility and intuitive workflow. To initiate campaigns, there is now a simple 3-step process:
- Select Target(s) for scheduled campaigns, or Event Trigger(s) for AutoPilot campaigns.
- Choose Creative
- Schedule Deployment.
Each campaign may contain multiple “drops”, so that users can test different creatives for a segment. Conversely, multiple segments can be included in the same drop, if only 1 creative is to be used for them. All drops are displayed in the order of creation, and users can easily add more drops within a campaign by clicking [+ New Drop] button.
Specifically, new email service module features:
- Simpler campaign management and setup: Campaigns can easily be reviewed, added or canceled from the Campaign Overview page. New campaigns can be added with a click of a button on the top.
- New Campaign Setup: New setup page is where you enter campaign details for future reference and reporting. Specifically:
- Campaign Name: Unique campaign name for future reference.
- Short Description and notes: Campaign details such as campaign goals, targets, offers, creative versions, duration, and recurrence schedules.
- Campaign Start and End Date: Default duration is set to 14 days, while users can change it using the calendar.
- Campaign Type: Choose Scheduled campaigns or AutoPilots Scheduled campaigns are for one-off campaigns, and AutoPilot is BG’s automated campaign module that will send out emails upon trigger events or changes in customer status. (Trigger events can be controlled in AutoPilot Actions tab.)
- Tags: Campaign tags for future reference and reporting. Multiple tags can be selected. Choices are:
- AutoPilot: If AutoPilot is picked, AutoPilot tag will be assigned automatically.
- Promotion: for general promotions
- Exclusive: for exclusive deals
- Seasonal: for seasonal promotions
- Product: for product introductions and updates
- Brand: for brand awareness campaigns
- Notification: for general customer notifications
- Support: for customer support related emails
- Newsletter: for newsletters
- Test: for test emails
- New Drop Setup: One campaign may include multiple email drops, allowing any combinations of (1) Target Segments, (2) Creative Versions, and (3) Drop Dates. Click [+ New Drop] button to initiate the setup process.
- Campaign Drop: A popup window will appear for the following:
- Step 1: Select Target
- The default setup allows users to pick 1 segment at a time
- If the square box on top is selected, users can pick multiple segments for the drop. This option is useful when 1 creative is to be used for multiple segments.
- Multiple segments may contain duplicate individuals, The default setting will eliminate such duplicate emails. This setting can be changed in [Advanced Settings] Tab on the New Campaign page.
- If “AutoPilot” is selected, the choices will be limited to Event Triggers, not Segments.
- Multiple Event Triggers can be selected if the square box on top is selected, similar to selecting multiple Target Segments.
- Step 2: Choose Creative
- Select from existing creatives using the radio button
- To set up new creatives, go to Creative tab under Email campaigns
- Step 3: Schedule Deployment
- Deployment date can be selected from a calendar
- Or, number of days from the campaign start date can be used
- Step 4: Review
- Review and click [Add this drop]
- New drop will now show up on the Campaign screen
- More drops can be added by clicking [+ New Drop] button
- Important: Campaign setup can be saved anytime, but no email will be deployed until the [Deploy] button is clicked.
- New Feature “Quick Drop”: For simple campaigns with only 1 drop, user may skip the campaign set up process and create a campaign by clicking [Quick Drop] button.
- [QuickDrop] button is available in Segment and Creative pages.
- By clicking the button, the user will skip the campaign setup steps, and go directly to New Drop pop-up page.
- Campaign name and start date will be set automatically using either the Segment or Creative name.
- Advanced Setting: Users may control deduplication, stop-mail, and control cell options on this page.
- Overlapping Segments: In case multiple segments are selected for 1 drop, overlapping individuals may need to be eliminated. The default is set to delete duplicate entries on a campaign level.
- Stop-mail option: For AutoPilot campaigns, users may stop mailing to an individual upon conversion. Default is set to continue the email campaign even after a conversion.
- Control Cell: It is prudent to create a “no-treatment” cell to measure the effectiveness of the email campaign. The default is set to “No Control Cell”, but it is recommended to have a control cell for at least 5% of mailing universe.
Please note that, depending on expected response rate and mailing quantity, 5% control cell may not yield statistically significant measurements on the backend. For example, expected 1% conversion rate on less than 10,000 emails may not produce enough samples with 5% control cell option.
Campaign Analytics section is added along with new BG email campaign module.
This module is divided into 2 sections: Campaign Dashboard and Campaign X-Ray. More sections will be added for multi-channel campaigns in the future, covering social media, direct marketing and other 1:1 channels.
- Campaign Dashboard
- In the format of the Customer Intelligence dashboard, Campaign Dashboard shows key metrics such as delivery rate, total revenue, open, click-through, and conversion rates, average order value, and revenue per 1,000 emails.
- Bottom half of the dashboard features monthly and weekly trends of revenue, open, click-through and conversion statistics.
- Counts and dollars are reported on the day of each action. For example, if the email is dropped on Wednesday, and the purchase is made on Saturday, each action will be reported for respective dates.
- Conversely, the rate calculation (open, click-through, conversion and revenue per 1,000 emails) is done based on the campaign start date, in order to pinpoint the most effective drop day/time for future campaigns. For example, if a campaign drop happens on a Wednesday, and response is made on Saturday, open rate, click rate, and conversion rate will be reported for the Wednesday drop. This is to maintain consistent base for response rate calculation.
- For Grid view, click the switch on the top right hand side of the graphs.
- Campaign X-Ray
- Campaign X-Ray offers 2 separate options to select report date range:
- Campaign Start Date: This option displays all relevant response related to campaigns started in the selected date range, regardless of the response date. For example, if email is dropped on 7/31, and the report range is selected only for July, open, click, and conversion in August will still be reported. This is to show the full effect of selected campaigns.
- Campaign Response Date: This option displays all response actions happen during the selected date range, regardless of the campaign drop date. This is useful to measure the results of long-term campaigns initiated by AutoPilot. For example, the AutoPilot may have started in January, and the user can examine the results for July by selecting July in the selection box.
- The following metrics are displayed:
- Sent: # emails sent
- Bounced: # bounced emails
- %: Percentage of bounced emails based on # emails sent
- Delivered: # delivered emails
- Opens: # and % of opened emails based on # delivered emails
- Clicks: # and % of click-throughs based on # opened emails
- #: # of conversions
- CVR: % of conversions on # of clicks
- Resp %: % of conversions on # of delivered emails
- Rev $: Revenue amount
- AOV: Average Order Value based on # conversions
- RPM: Revenue per 1,000 delivered emails
- Campaign Details tab displays key metrics by combination of Segment and Creative.
- If there are multiple drops in a campaign, reports will display all combinations of Segment and Creative.
- All key metrics are displayed in the same order as the Campaign Overview page.
- Use [Compact view] toggle switch to turn on and off creative preview.
- Segment tab is useful for examination of multiple creatives used for 1 segment.
- Creative tab is to show multiple segments used for the same creative.