This document provides BuyerGenomics® Clients with specifications and instructions for uploading a file to BuyerGenomics.
- File Formats
1. All files must be plain text files, without any special characters
2. Files should be tab delimited.
3. All files must be UTF-8 encoded.
4. All files require a header row. However, the order of the columns in your file is not important. The column header is used to map the field into the BuyerGenomics database.
5. Text qualifiers (quotation marks, etc.) cannot be used. For example, ABC Retail, must appear as ABC Hardware and not "ABC Retail".
- Field Names
1. In order to import your historical transactional data, BuyerGenomics utilizes a set required and standardized fields. These are fields that retailers and direct-to-consumer marketers generally have readily accessible.
2. Required fields must use the specified field names in the header rows as outlined below.
- Transactions and Items
1. For each unique transaction, there must be transaction details about the order, for example transaction id, name, address, etc, and the items ordered (sku, price, etc).
2. *Each item must be on a separate line in the file, with transaction level details repeated for each item, as BuyerGenomics will “roll up” transaction data across all orders to unique individuals.
3. All files must be de-duplicated prior to sending.
4. All files must be sorted by transaction id prior to sending.
- Time Zones
1. All times and dates must be formatted per the prevailing RFC 2822 specifications:
- Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:01:07 +0200 or as Unix timestamp, eg. 977407267.
- If you cannot, we will use the default EST time zone.
- Case sensitivity
1. Regardless if the data is entered as uppercase or lowercase letters, the data will be saved as all lower case. When the data is extracted and viewed on the screen, it will be viewed as all lower case.
1. Return processing will be evaluated and processed as a completely new order, with a unique Transaction ID